Skip Hire Manchester
Skip permits in Manchester
If you’re going to put a skip on a public pavement or road in Manchester, you will need a skip permit from the council. This can take several days to arrange to be sure to leave enough time if you are in a hurry to get your skip outside your property. If you have enough space on the drive or in the garden you don’t need a permit but you will need to make sure that you leave enough room for the skip lorry to manoeuvre.
Searching for skip hire Manchester
When looking for skip hire in Manchester, popular areas include Ancoats, Ardwick, Brunswick, Hulme, Burnage, Chorlton, Didsbury, Fallowfield, Beswick, Clayton, Gorton, Salford, Stretford, Middleton, Denton, Audenshaw, Droylsden and Prestwich.
5 interesting tidbits about Manchester
- The Manchester Evening newspaper is the widest read local paper in the UK.
- In the 1700s, Manchester was recognised as the cotton capital of the world, importing and making more cotton than anywhere else.
- The Manchester Academy was voted the UK’s greenest venue in 2010, and the ‘Best Entertainment Venue’ in 2007. Definitely worth a visit.
- Manchester City Council paid a measly £1 for the land on which they then built the Museum of Science and Industry.
- The Cornerhouse Theatre was the first in the world to comission any pieces by the artist Damien Hirst.